POSITION AVAILABLE: PART-TIME FINANCE OFFICER
(Please note that this position is being re-advertised, previous applicants need not apply)
A part time vacancy exists for a Finance Officer who will be able to take charge of the financial health of our charity by administering accounting operations. Although the role is mainly finance and accounting (everything from invoicing, banking, bookkeeping and payroll to raffles and fund-raising) the candidate would also be required to support the effective running of the centre. This may include general administrative work, dealing with the public, and a variety of other duties which mean that no two days are ever the same.
If you have the skills and personality, and would like to work as part of a small team in a busy but rewarding environment, this could be the job for you!
Applicants should be able to display the following attributes:
• Strong financial aptitude. Ideally having worked for at least 2-3 years in a similar role.
• Great IT skills and experience of using accounting software eg Quickbooks, Sage and spreadsheets (Excel or similar).
• Qualifications. Some formal accountancy training is desirable but not essential, experience is important.
• Detail oriented and well organised. You should be able to work well under pressure, prioritise a varied workload, and deliver to deadline.
• Comfortable working in a small organisation, which means being flexible, adaptable and capable of responding positively to new challenges. A good sense of humour would help!
• Be a good team member and ambassador for the Community Centre. You should be approachable, positive and polite. The ability to communicate clearly, multi-task, solve problems and be resourceful are essential qualities.
• Be able to work in a team or on their own without supervision.
Hours of work: 14 hours per week
Core hours of 9.30am – 2.30pm Monday and Thursday
The additional 4 hours can be worked flexibly
Pay: £10.51 per hour
Holidays: 12 days (pro rata equivalent of 30 days)
To apply and for further information, contact Community Centre Manager Anita Jeskins via email to
You will need to supply a CV and a cover letter.
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 31st December at 3.00pm